Tuesday, Mar 27 2012 8:30AM to 12:00PM
Paulette Ashlin, Amy Noland, Karin Davies, and Lindon Hayes
Mint Museum Uptown- Boardroom
S Tryon St
“Understand Hiring Strategies for Today’s Talent and Economy”
Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Location: Mint Museum Uptown, Boardroom, 2nd floor
500 South Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28202
Parking: Parking is $5.00 with validation.
Time: 8:30 am to Noon
Understand Hiring Strategies for Today’s Talent and Economy
Across the board, there is a disproportion of talent to the opportunities at hand. What does this mean? There are greater challenges in identifying talent than most anticipate when filling positions. Demand has changed significantly in the last 12-18 months. Position requirements are more stringent and technical, where the available talent may not have all the skills for your job specification.
Four primary topics that we will address plus sample questions:
- Preparation- Do you understand the market for the talent you need?
- Recruitment- What is your company’s value proposition and differentiation in the market?
- Interviewing and Reference Checking- Do you do behavior based interviewing and assessments?
- Negotiating- Are you best positioned when making an offer?
You will hear from 4 very knowledgeable and highly accomplished speakers - all sharing different perspectives and personal experiences (see attached bios):
- Paulette Ashlin, President, Ashlin Associates
- Amy Noland Pack, Principal Partner, Accrue Partner
- Karin Davies, VP-HR, Peak 10
- Lindon Hayes, Founder and Managing Member, Utilipath
8:30 am – 9:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 am - 9:15 am Opening Remarks
9:15 am – 12:00 pm Panel discussion “Understanding Today’s Hiring Strategies”
Program Cost: BIG Members free
Guests $50 in advance, $60 at the door
Registration: RSVP to email@example.com or register below.
Dress Attire: Business casual