Tuesday, Aug 13 2013 8:00AM to 12:30PM
Mike and Will Shook, Accelerence
The Employers Association- Daniel Room
3020 West Arrowood Rd
Charlotte, NC 28273
Breaking Free of Your Growth Constraints
Date: Tuesday, August 13
Location: The Employers Association, 3020 West Arrowood Rd, Charlotte, NC 28273
Time: Registration: 8:00 am – 8:30am / Workshop: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm / Lunch included
Breaking Free of Your Growth Constraints:
· An introduction to the 7 steps to profitable growth
· A dive into sales tactics that create velocity
In a March 2013 Forbes Magazine article it was stated that 9 out of 10 startups go out of business. There are many diverse reasons why good people with good ideas don’t translate into good businesses. The Accelerence management team has worked diligently over the last 25 years to distill these many reasons into 7 primary growth and success constraints. In the seminar we will introduce the constraints as well as the strategies and tactics that break you free from them. There will be particular emphasis on building out a world class selling capability. This seminar has been developed specifically for entrepreneurs who are confronted with the following business and business development issues:
· The sales pipeline’s promise never turns into cash flow reality. Every month it’s the same drill and more deals push.
· Customers just don’t get our product. They find it hard to understand our value proposition.
· So many of our deals seem stuck in a never ending sales cycle.
· Inferior competitors are winning business from us.
· We have so much potential, but so little traction.
· We are working so darned hard but just don’t seem to be making any progress.
· We haven’t hit a forecast in months. It’s killing us.
· Sales force turnover is costing us big time. We can’t seem to find the right candidates to sell our awesome product.
You Will Learn:
· How to look at your business in a way to find opportunities and how to get your business model right
· About unique problem solving techniques and assessment tools that enable you to identify and correct your most troubling business constraints.
· Understanding and managing the full sales life cycle.
· Territory and opportunity management best practices.
· Pipeline and funnel management best practices.
· How to best understand the market segments you serve, business problems you solve and how to competitively differentiate yourself.
· How to construct a forward thinking business model that serves as a platform for a fresh value proposition, messaging and sales and marketing strategy that wins in the market place.
Mike Shook - Managing Partner
Technology industry CEO Mike Shook has led multiple companies from seed to success. Known for his ability to help reinvent organizations and drive favorable deals, Mike has orchestrated mergers, acquisitions, turnarounds, and business model transformations. His strategic mindset and broad experience in marketing, sales, services, finance, operations, and strategy has helped him consistently deliver favorable ROI to investors and shareholders.
Most recently, Mike was founder, CEO, and chairman of Strategic Technologies, where he led revenue growth from $400K in inception to $110M, and EBITDA growth from $20K to $7.3M. He executed a successful merger with Consonus Technologies and served as Consonus CEO before co-founding Accelerence. Mike has served on the National Advisory Boards of Symantec and Sun Microsystems, and is the recipient of the “Entrepreneur of the Year” distinction for the Carolinas region sponsored by Ernst and Young, NASDAQ, and USA Today.
Will Shook - Managing Partner
COO and sales & marketing executive Will Shook has a solid track record in growing revenue and carving out sales frontiers. His ability to build and motivate high-value, high-touch sales teams and to continuously identify new process and performance opportunities have made him a major contributor to technology companies through exceptional periods of sustained growth.
Over one five-year period Will grew sales at a vertical market software provider by 1,500%. At another, mature company, Will increased the yield per rep by 79% in three years. As Strategic Technologies COO and EVP of sales and marketing, Will helped the company realize a CAGR of 71%, multiple INC 500 awards, and eight consecutive RTP Fast 50 awards. He has served on the National Advisory Boards of BMC Software, Symantec, and Sun Microsystems and served multiple terms on the board of the Society of Information Managers of NC.
Program Cost: BIG Members free
Guests $60 in advance, $75 at the door
Registration: RSVP to email@example.com or register below.
Dress Attire: Business casual