Friday, Oct 11 2013 8:30AM to 11:00AM
3325 South Tryon Street
Monthly BIG Ideas Exchange
Friday, October 11, 2013
Location: Goodmortgage.com, 3325 South Tryon Street, 28217
8:30 am to 9:00 am Continental breakfast and networking
9:00 am to 11:00 am Book Discussion
Free to Members and Guests of BIG: RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or register below.
Book: “The Effective Executive” by Peter Drucker (a good, timeless business book!)
What makes an effective executive?
The measure of the executive, Peter F. Drucker reminds us, is the ability to "get the right things done." This usually involves doing what other people have overlooked as well as avoiding what is unproductive. Intelligence, imagination, and knowledge may all be wasted in an executive job without the acquired habits of mind that mold them into results.
Drucker identifies five practices essential to business effectiveness that can, and must, be learned:
- Managing time
- Choosing what to contribute to the organization
- Knowing where and how to mobilize strength for best effect
- Setting the right priorities
- Knitting all of them together with effective decision-making
Ranging widely through the annals of business and government, Peter F. Drucker demonstrates the distinctive skill of the executive and offers fresh insights into old and seemingly obvious business situations.
Russ Hammond will facilitate this engaging discussion.
For an excerpt of this book, go to:
During this roundtable we'll:
· share our own experiences in this area in our businesses
· share best practices from our own personal experience or from industry thought leaders
· share ideas on how to improve the area within our businesses to fuel growth
Note: We are looking for people to facilitate book discussions, so please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is a book that you’re passionate about and would like to share with the group. We are currently looking to fill the 2014 calendar. The meetings take place the second Friday of every month, so pick a month that suits you for 2014. Thanks!