Tuesday, Mar 4 2014 1:00PM to 4:30PM
Craig Mathews, Big Think
The Employers Association,
3020 West Arrowood Road
Charlotte, NC 28273
“Build a Better Business Model: Visually model and improve your business"
Third Annual Event
Date: Thursday, January 30, 2014
Location: The Employers Association, the Daniel Room
3020 West Arrowood Road | Charlotte, NC 28273
Parking: Free parking
Time: 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Assess Your Business and Identify New Opportunities using the Business Model Canvas:
- Can you clearly describe your business strategy, customer segments, value proposition, and costs?
- Are you looking for new ways to grow sales?
- Are you looking for investors and/or partners and need to communicate how you can work with them?
The Business Model Canvas is a tool that many companies are using to better define, describe, and innovate the way they make money and do business. When you have a clear picture (literally) of your business, it's easier to tell others about what you do (investors, clients, partners) and it helps you to see strong and weak points in your plans.
Big Think has taken the Business model Canvas a step further by developing GAME CHANGER: The Business Innovation Game, which gets people to think differently about their business model in a fun, interactive environment.
What You Will Learn
- What the Business Model Canvas is
- How to use the Business Model Canvas to describe your business visually
- How to innovate your business model to find new ways to make money and reduce costs
Who Should Attend
- Business Executives who are interested in finding new ways to grow their business
- Executives who are tired of competing in commodity markets and want to break out
- Executives who want some fresh ideas on how to communicate their strategy to key stakeholders
This session will be a combination of (a little) lecture and (lots of) hands-on workshop in an engaging environment.
Craig Mathews is a serial entrepreneur, UNC Business Bchool adjunct professor of entrepreneurship and innovation, and an innovator. In his consulting firm, Big Think, Craig works with businesses to identify new revenue streams and opportunities for growth, and then assures those strategies are properly implemented. Working on his second software company and third startup, Craig has served as CEO, CMO, and CTO of various firms. His passion is innovation. He can’t NOT think about new opportunities for businesses. See attached bio.
Recommend the Book: “Business Model Generation”
Business Model Generation practices what it preaches. Co-authored by 470 Business Model Canvas practitioners from 45 countries, the book was financed and produced independently of the traditional publishing industry. It features a tightly integrated, highly visual design that enables immediate hands-on use.
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Registration and Networking
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm Building a Better Business Model Presentation & Workshop
Program Cost: BIG Members free
Guests $40 in advance, $50 at the door
Registration: RSVP to email@example.com or register below.
Dress Attire: Business casual